Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Spices of India and Beyond


_
There are some spices that are just extremely hard to find. We have a wonderful restaurant near our home - Pamposh -that serves the most amazing Indian food. I crave items from their menu and often think to myself that maybe I should try to learn how to cook some of my favorite dishes. After looking up the recipes though... not only was I completely unsure that I could pull that off - I also wondered - where will I find those spices? Spices I've never even heard of? Enter Martha's secret sources and Nirmala's Kitchen . This also goes with the cookbook I would like for Christmas, "Where Flavor Was Born: Recipes and Culinary Travels Along the Indian Ocean Spice Route by Andreas Viestad" of New Scandinavian Cooking fame. One of my New Years Resolutions is to broaden my cooking repertoire and try to learn to make something new like Vegetable Korma or perhaps Dal Makhani and I would also like to try my hand at the Organic Flat bread Mix - Indian Naan. _

One other thing worth noting - Nirmala's Kitchen sells spices from all over the world along with grains, salts, sauces, etc. Well worth checking out no matter what recipe and continent your next meal originates from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want that new cookbook by Andreas Viestad too. Thanks for the great link on hard to find spices!!!

Merry Christmas,
Pamela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...