Monday, November 9, 2009

The Holiday Season - On Your Mark


*
I once read somewhere that women are the ones who "do" the Holiday Season. Let's face it, that is a pretty accurate statement, even with the most helpful husband or partner. The decorating, the shopping, the cooking, the cleaning - before and after - the wrapping, Christmas cards and photos - all organized and executed primarily by women. And it's a tall order too! While most of us enjoy the fruits of this labor, it can be a bit overwhelming to say the least. It's no wonder that in early November I find myself feeling excited and somewhat nerve racked at the thought of what's coming. So... I will take a few deep breaths... and...ready...set...go!!
*
Some Of The Things On My To-Do Before Thanksgiving
*
Have the carpets and couches cleaned.
Wash walls and touch up paint where needed throughout house.
Clean oven (not looking forward to this).
Order free-range turkey from local farmer.
Buy all clothes needed for myself and kids for the upcoming holidays.
Take a family photo for Xmas card and send it to the printer.
Make Thanksgiving menu for 12.
*
That's it for now. How does your list look?
*
(Photos Courtesy of Jupter Images)

8 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Sabina,

I'm starting to hyperventilate just reading about all there is to do.

I checked out a bunch of CDs with Christmas music today at the library so I can make some copies for gifts. I'm one holiday ahead of you. ~ Rosemary

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

It's so long that I must make another priority list!

Honeygo Beasley said...

I have to do that oven cleaning thing for Christmas, tho' - not Thanksgiving. This year, I am the guest not the hostess for Thanksgiving, yey! I love to entertain, and I also love being entertained.

Yes, we women are really the ones who throw the party. No wonder it's always so wonderful!

Sabina said...

I forgot to mention that my two youngest kids both celebrate their birthdays in Dec. One at the begining and one at the end. Sigh...

Thank for the comments my wonderful blogging friends!!

:)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

My list is similar to yours - except that I don't need the carpets cleaned yet - they are new - and we are doing the big family photo when all our kids are home at christmas. I love the do to lists and the fun of the holidays. Don does most of the decorating and list making - I just tag along.

Denise Fasanello said...

Your post inspired me to get it together! Love your blog

Jess said...

Love that pinecone place setting! Really natural but so elegant, too! Good luck with your Holiday preparations :-)

s.i. michaels said...

Getting cards bought and sent is really my main goal after Thanksgiving. & thank goodness, I'm mostly done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...