Monday, October 1, 2007

Frida



I could talk for hours about Frida Kahlo - her life and art. I was lucky enough to see a showing of her work some years ago at the Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco and I just found out there is another exhibition coming to the same museum on June 14, 2008 – September 28, 2008. I can hardly wait!! It will be in celebration of the 100th anniversary of her birth and there will be approximately 50 paintings on display. In the meantime - I found a wonderful little children's book about Frida (in English). It is titled Frida - by Jonah Winters. The lyrical and inspired text is a wonderful introduction to Frida Kahlo for all young (and not so young) readers.

1 comment:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

First visit here, and I'm loving your images of Frida! In fact, I have a somewhat Frida-related post planned for my blog for tomorrow -- how funny. Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself -- glad I found my way here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...