Wednesday, October 17, 2007

John William Waterhouse


(The Magic Circle - 1886)___________________________(Boreas - 1903)
(Lady of the Shallot - 1888)
(Ophelia - 1889)

I love the work of John William Waterhouse (1849-1917). There is a magical feminine elegance to them. They are also mysterious and haunting - fitting to the season. My two personal favorites are The Magic Circle and Boreas but it's so hard to choose one over the other. To my eye they are all wonderful!!

To view all of his paintings on-line go to

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love Waterhouse... when I was traveling in NY and London I saw quite a few of his paintings.

anyway... a quote for you...

"a gleaming shape she fload'd by,
Dead-pale between the houses high, Silent into Camelot" - La Farge

Stacey...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...