Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life - Thanks Mom

_
__
_
Hope is the Thing with Feathers
_
by
Emily Dickinson
__
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,
_
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
_
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
_
This poem is part of a much larger poem called, Life.
_
Thank you mom for my wonderful Emily Dickinson book - I've enjoyed it so very much!!
_
(Me - On My 5th Birthday)
_
P.S. Hugs (xxx) and kisses (ooo) you're the best mom ever!!
_

5 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Sabina, I feel the same way about my mom. We are both lucky, aren't we? I am sure your children feel the same way about you.

Happy Easter, Rosemary

Momma Chae said...

One of my favorite poems.... :) It says lovely things about your mom that she gives you poetry as a gift.

Anonymous said...

I usually don't leave a public comment but just had to say that I love this post (adorable photo) and your blog. You are such a cutie patootie Sabina and one of the sweetest/smartest most interesting girls around. My cell phone is working once more so give me a call for coffee or lunch soon!!

Love,
Melissa

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love that poem - thanks for the reminder.

ofifteen said...

beautiful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...