Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tagged - ABC's of Me

_
_

_
ABC’S OF ME
_
Age: 46
_
Bed Size: Queen. My husband surprised me/us with a amazing pillow-top mattress a few Christmas' ago and I still love it!!
_
Chore You Hate: Folding clothes (but that's what kids are for -lol).
_
Dog’s Name: No dogs presently.
_
Essential Way You Start Your Day: Yoga stretches, classical music and espresso!!
_
Favorite Color: White.
_
Height: 5’ 5”
_
Instruments You Play: I play(ed) the flute and marched in many parades, but that was long ago now. I wanted to play the drums but was told by the music teacher that "drums were for boys."
_
Job Title: Your Highness (ha) - Mom/Jack or should I say Jill of all trades.
_
Kids: I have five beautiful, perfect kids.
_
Living Arrangements: I live in a 1950's house, in an older suburban neighborhood, with lots of trees and charm.. Very nice, very quiet with many neighbors young and old, many that I've known for 15 years.
_
Mom’s Name: Virginia.
_
Nicknames: Beanie, Bean, Sabeanie, and my oldest son sometimes in jest calls me - Sabrine - which cracks me up.
_
Overnight Hospital Stays: Giving birth to my two oldest sons - my three little ones are adopted.
_
Pet Peeve: Gossip and deliberate unkind behavior.
_
Quote From a Movie: "Doesn't that outfit come with a rifle? To which the other character replies, It's on my saddle. The first person continues, You'd better keep it with you then - your horse isn't much of a shot." Spoken by Robert Redford to Meryl Streep in Out of Africa.
_
Right or Left Handed: Right, but I have many lefties in my life (daughter, husband, best friend).
_
Siblings: I'm the middle child of three - with an older brother, and younger sister.
_
Time You Wake Up: 6:30 a.m. but I'd rather sleep till noon.
_
Underwear: Yes!
_
Vegetable You Dislike: Okra.
_
Workout Style: I like to mix it up - yoga, walking, swimming, lounging (oh, I guess that's not an exercise, but I'm quite good at it).
_
X-rays You’ve Had: A few. Once I swallowed a Steely (a marble made of steel ) when I was 4 or 5 and I do remember that being my first X-ray. It scared my parents half to death.
_
Yesterday’s Best Moment: Telling my husband something funny and him laughing so uncontrollably I started laughing too, at him, and couldn't stop.
_
Zoo Favorites: I'm really not one for zoo's. They need to evolve!! Freedom is so important to me and I can deeply sense their lack of it.
_
That's it - whew!! If you would like to play along - consider yourself tagged.
_
(Photos Courtesy of Jupiter Images)

6 comments:

Honeygo Beasley said...

Hehehe, funny and sweet. Loved reading all 'bout you!

I'd love to play but have to get on my way to meet a friend... (like the Stones song).

Bye for now, Sabrine!

Sabina said...

Thanks for stopping by Cindy. BTW -that's one of my favorite Stones songs!!

Gail, in northern Californa said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier today but couldn't seem to get a confirmation that it had been saved.

Anyway, I loved reading about you. Would love to hear what tickled your husband so. If it's anywhere near the story you told about his getting in the wrong car, it must be a doozy.

My friend's husband is a fire captain with the local fire dept. and he had to go away this week for some additional schooling in Berkeley. She said she always puts something "interesting" in his suitcase. This afternoon she e-mailed me that he has something "up his sleeve" for this weekend so she won't be able to go to the Healdsburg Art Festival with me after all. I understood of course but couldn't resist saying, "Good lord, what did you put in his suitcase?"

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Neat ABCs - I love to learn more about people.

ambika said...

This is too cute. & your nicknames are cute!

Anonymous said...

I think I might do this too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...