Monday, May 18, 2009

My Little Environmentalist

_

(This photo is copyrighted to me - Sabina DeShazo - please don't use without my permission- thanks)
_
My youngest daughter Caitie considers herself to be quite the environmentalist. She even started a garbage club (with absolutely no prompting) at school and has many members who help pick up trash during recess. She is only 7 but knows all about the 3 R's as well as water conservation, and animal conservation. She really amazes me sometimes.
_
She loves visiting kid and eco friendly websites in her quest to learn new things. One of them is EarthEco International. Recently, she learned all about protecting Wild Dolphins. I also think she has a small crush on one of the founders - Philippe Cousteau. I have to admit he is pretty cute! Philippe Cousteau is the twenty- six year-old son of Jan and Philippe Cousteau Sr., and the grandson of Captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau. He is continuing the work of his father and grandfather by educating the public about environmental and conservation issues and inspiring people young and old to become better stewards of our water planet. Their motto is "Everything you do makes a difference". Very cool!!
_
For more info visit EarthEco International. It is a nonprofit 501c3 organization that was founded in 2000 by siblings Philippe and Alexandra Cousteau in honor of their father Philippe Cousteau Sr., famous son of the legendary explorer Jacques Yves Cousteau. EarthEcho's programs are dedicated to a legacy of devotion to the conservation and restoration of the oceans.
_

11 comments:

Lady Laura said...

Probably one of the greatest things we do as parents (or grandparents) is influence the next generation!
My little niece was watching me tear down cardboard boxes for the recycling bin when she got the idea to suggest that her school recycle paper products. Her county doesn't have a recycle program and she felt she was missing out on something by not living in the city

Linda Lou said...

You should be very proud of your little environmentalist!! You have done a good job Sabina.

Honeygo Beasley said...

Taking after her momma!

: )

Unknown said...

Big hugs to Caitie..I've been trying to grow my garden organically...and so far, it's been ok..hugs....M

corine said...

See, this is wonderful and gives me hope for human kind.

Our organic garden is thriving.. but as of June 1st in southern california we are restricted to the use of water for plants to twice a week. Mondays and Thursday, that's it. We're worried for our tomatoes and our yet to bloom string beans.

carrie @ bloomacious said...

what a great post! love the peaceful images.

Content in a Cottage said...

Sabina...this little apple didn't fall very far from the tree. She definitely has been paying attention to your influence. Great job. I know you are proud of Caitie. Have a great Memorial Day. ♥Rosemary

onesilentwinter said...

wonderful!!! my niece too!!

Mary Smith said...

Wow! Your daughter is impressing me too! Good for her! A young environmentalist leader in her school!

me, myself, I said...

Love this inspiring post - restful photos too; thanks for sharing ^_^

Honeygo Beasley said...

Miss you, Sabina - when's your next post? Hope all is well with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...