Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Where are you going?

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
__
- Lewis Carroll
_

_
I could talk philosophy and literature all day and my husband could talk history and politics. Kind of a strange mix at times but 20 years ago we both chose to take the same road together. I wasn't one of those girls who was thrilled at the idea of marriage and was not the easiest person to figure out but my husband bravely stepped up and took me on. I loved the idea of children and home but dreaded the idea of compromise and the intertwining of two families and daily lives. I was wrong. Being married and "intertwined" has made me a much better person. I did have to compromise and I'm all the wiser for it. While it hasn't always been easy - I am truly blessed by those hard times and have been humbled by the power of what is most important in this world. _
_
Happy Anniversary Mark!! XOXO

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just such a lovely wonderful post!Your whole blog is lovely! I think you are a brave person yourself to raise 5 children under such unusual circumstances. I hope your writing a book about your experiences!

Kerry

Anonymous said...

My friend Kerry (above comment) told me I had to check out your blog and I agree with her assessment. Happy anniversary to you and your husband.

Camille

P.S. I will be back for further posts!

love.boxes said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! I hope that you have many, many more wonderful years together. :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful accomplishment! I raise a toast to your committment, determination and realization of the genuine love you share. Everyone benefits from your staying power.
Love,
Sasha

Sabina said...

Thank you Sasha - I love reading your comments!!

Love you,
Sabina ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...