Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"The Green Drink"

.

.
Have I ever mentioned that my kids love "The Green Drink." I make it for them each morning before school. It's quick and easy and soooo nutritious!! I do vary the ingredients now in then based on what in season and I add a little fruit juice to make it more palatable. If you haven't ever tried one of these concoctions - you don't know what your missing. I don't own a Juicer (although I really should look into getting one) - I just mix it up in a blender.
.
Basic recipe for mixing up a Green Drink.
.
2 apples, cored
2 big handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1 celery stick, chopped
1 thumbnail length of ginger root
1 lemon - juice only (use peel slice for zest)
1 medium cucumber
(I also add various different fruit juices)
.
Yummmm!!!
.
All Photos Courtesy of Jupiter Images

7 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

YUM! I'm a huge fan of greens juice! My favorite is celery, parsley, cucumber, kale, lime and an apple. Sometimes I even throw in an avocado to make it a bit creamier!

Now I'm going to add some ginger root to my next one!

Happy 2010 to you!

Mary Smith said...

Looks very interesting and healthy. Does it really taste good, though?

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

Green Drinks have taken over, rightly so. I was absolutely addicted to spinach smoothies this past summer. You can really add anything to them. I love the idea of apples and cucumber. I will definitely try that.

Radostina // 79ideas.org said...

Ok... after all these words about this magical "green drink" I think that I have to try it.
Thank you for the recipe!

Have a great weekend :)))

xoxo,
Raru

Honeygo Beasley said...

Blender is better than juicer - keeps all the good things in!

Honeygo Beasley said...

Blender is better than juicer - keeps all the good things in!

fabricatedends said...

It looks so good, I might have to give this a try

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...