Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Craft - PAPER PUMPKIN ORNAMENTS

_

_

I found this design via Hostess With The Mostess and Three Wheels Turning (two wonderful sites) and thought I'd pass it along. We are making these this afternoon!!
_

PAPER PUMPKIN ORNAMENTS
_
Materials:
• 1-2 pieces of orange construction paper
• 1 piece of green construction paper
• 1 piece of brown construction paper
• scissors
• paper cutter (optional)
• paper clips and/or stapler
• string
_
Directions:
_
Cut the orange pieces of construction paper into 1″ wide strips (each strip will be 1″ x 11″). Then, shorten some of the strips so that you have (1) 6″, (2) 7″, (2) 9″, and (2) 11″ long pieces.
_
Gather the strips of paper together (with the ends flush) and place the smallest one in the middle. Order them by size so that the largest strip is on the outside. Secure with a paper clip or staple (I prefer the paper clip so that I can keep adding more elements). Line up the opposite ends so that they are together like the top.
_
Cut a brown strip of paper 1/4″ by 3″ long for the stem. To make it curl, wrap the paper around a pencil and hold it in place while you count to 20 (or sing the ABC song).Cut out two leaf shapes from the green paper (ours were sort of like pairs of bunny ears).
_
Add the stem, leaves, and a piece of string to the paper clip at the top.
_
Hang up and enjoy!
_

9 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

These are so cute!

Lucky said...

so cute - i really need to get crackin on the halloween decorating. hope you have lots of fun making them!

Unknown said...

cool..I'll show it to the kids, their last term exams finishes this friday and they'll be happy to stop revision and be interested in crafting :D

pve design said...

call us the mod squad - all over these pumpkins.

vicki said...

Thank you so much for posting about my pumpkins and introducing me to your lovely blog! I can't wait to read more...

Sabina said...

Thanks Vicki!!

Jen Kershner said...

Oh, I love those! I bet Emma and I would have some fun putting those together.

Sabina said...

Hi Jen,

We had a lot of fun with this project.

By the way, I'm on my way over to The Cottage Nest.

arootdigger2 said...

The contruction reminds one of the ornaments one made in younger days. these look pretty classy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...