Monday, November 5, 2007

Little Princess


I spent part of the weekend watching - "The Little Princess" (the 1995 version - video clip below) - with my three youngest children. The holiday season is on the horizon and sometimes the emphasis seems to be on "getting" on not "giving" or having a grateful heart. Amid all the decorations and greetings of - Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas - I am sometimes bothered by the materialistic side of things. Of course I like receiving gifts as much as the next person it's just that sometimes it's tipped a little too far that direction. I wanted to kindle their hearts with the love of giving, sharing and thinking of others and the importance of being grateful and the magic of the season.

_
As the moon kindles the night
As the wind kindles the fire
As the rain fills every ocean
And the sun, the earth
With your heart, kindle my heart
Take my heart
Take my heart
Kindle it with your heart
And my heart
Cannot be
Kindled without you
With your heart
Kindle my heart

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...