Monday, September 17, 2007

Audubon's Birds of America



When my two oldest kids were young I had a beautiful small hardback book called Audubon's Birds of America that I kept on a little table next to the bathtub. The book was filled with wonderful images of birds living in their natural habitat. Today - as I was watching a show about the life and history of John James Audubon - both of my teenages wandered through the living room, noticed those pictures, and remembered that book. They both asked what ever happened to it, and I told them that after years of sitting safely next to the tub, one day - sadly - it had fallen into the water and was ruined. That got me thinking. I need to find and purchase that same little book and put it that same spot so that someday my 3 younger kids will recall and possibly appreciate those prints as a distant but fond childhood memory... just like my oldest ones do. If it meets with the same end - c'est la vie! The pictures are wonderful - filled with amazing detail - and considered one of a kind works of art. I found it on some vacation we took many years ago, fell in love with it, and spent many long baths relaxing and looking at those lovely prints.
Links -

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...