Friday, September 7, 2007

English Lavender


I have always had a thing for Lavender. There is nothing more beautiful to me than a field filled with Lavender. My favorite variety is English Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolias). I began to study all the varieties several years ago along with lots of other herbs. I experimented with growing, and drying, and cooking with different types. Where I live all the varieties grow pretty heartily. I finally settled on English as my personal favorite. This variety is definitely great for culinary purposes as is Provence Lavender (Lavandula x intermedia) my second choice. Of course there are many others used for decoration and soaps, potpourri, etc. There are also many places on the Internet to buy organic lavender products and get information. One I have used is Mountain Valley Growers http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/lavendercareandtips.htm . I am currently designing a new herb garden for the spring but I dream of the space to plant endless rows of lavender.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...