Whip some of this up and enjoy it on crackers, chips or bread out on a picnic or just for a perfect healthy summertime snack!
Fresh Pea Hummus
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas (or organic frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste) *See Note
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas; cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; run under cold water, or just thaw out a bag.
- In food processor, pulse peas, cilantro, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin 30 to 40 seconds. Season with salt.
(Above info courtesy of Whole Foods) - (Above recipe found via Wholeliving.com) (Photos via Jupiter Images & Wholeliving)